Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our little insomniac


Nine hours is all he slept yesterday. Babies are supposed to sleep at LEAST 11 hours, sometimes pushing 15. The good news is he sleeps most of that time during the night. The bad news is Missy is being asked for tips by people who want to be zombies for Halloween. The annoying part of it is Luke wont go to bed later in the evening. Missy and I basically have no time for ourselves because by the time he goes to sleep, we need it too.

Luke grows in size and intellect daily. He carefully observes Melissa and I for hours when I get home for work. He enjoys our weird faces and sounds. I pray to God that Melissa hasn't set up a hidden camera somewhere, otherwise she'd have unlimited bribe potential. Is that part of fatherhood? Acting like a monkey?

Luke is sitting here with me as I type. I must state that there is nothing quite like the experience of a child passing gas when in your lap. It's sort of like getting hit in the stomach with a bowling ball. *Sniff sniff* Be right back...

We still haven't quite snuck a smile out of him yet. He's close, but not quite there. He's got a heck of a grip now. I'm surprised he hasn't bruised me yet with one of his merciless pinches. I'm hoping to train him to continue doing it, especially to strangers.

He is nursing better. We have only had to give him one bottle yesterday, and he hasn't had any today. I'll probably end up giving him one so Melissa can sleep a few hours undisturbed.

*Sniff sniff*. Yep, seriously. Two diapers since I've started this post. Catch you later!

No comments: